God of Uncertainty

 

O God of Uncertainty, of Absence;

 

I heard how you taught Job about dread and misery.

I know the story of how you shattered our comfortable competencies

with Wind, and Ice, and Fire, and roiling Deeps

glimmering with huge and brilliant Beasts.

 

O Contrary God;

my God with no answers;

tell me that Story one more time,

about Wisdom dancing before Time began,

poured out before the oceans ever were;

until nothing was left,

only this airy birthing Place;

this ambivalent, deathly Door.

 

O Keen Christ,

who called yourself Sword

and Word, and Way;

tell me that other Story

without a Beginning

or an End.

 

I guess I can’t call myself entirely Human anymore,

having been infected with your Wildness,

standing alone at the threshold,

one foot on every side.


Comments

Popular Posts